Thursday 23 May 2013

Are you getting enough sleep?

Since I was in my 20's I have been observing my sleep patterns as I started my life as a light sleeper. I have always known since studying natural medicine that a good night's sleep is crucial for the mind and body to unite and recover during the night. For shift workers it is usually during the day that they need to sleep but keeping an eye on your sleep cycles is crucial to better understand the direction your health is taking over time. Over the years I have been reading on the importance of sleep and hormonal health. Insomnia in women causes hormone imbalance and can worsen the symptoms of menopause as the mind and body need restful sleep for the hormones to do their job properly. Sleep repairs, rejuvenates and restores the balance needed and did you also know that sleep can further assist with reaching your weight loss goals...instead of blaming your hormones it may be best to ensure you get regular good sleeps and you will be reaching your target weight much faster as well as your ensuring that your hormones are doing their work for you. Ongoing poor sleep can lead women to heart disease, weight gain, diabetes....chronic stress, night sweats, adrenal fatigue, anxiety, poor concentration, irritability are all linked to poor sleep patterns. Estrogen is a sleep balancing hormone. During peri menopause and menopause it is common to have such a deficiency and your sleep is first to be disturbed. Women who get a good night's sleep are likely to feel like they are more in control of their day and able to feel a sense of achievement. Their skin glows, hair shines, digestion is functioning at a better level and the positive cycle continues. Rather than trying to blame our body for not working the way we want it to work, lets become more conscious as women to find a system that restores our inner balance so we can continue achieving all that makes our heart sing. I have spent years coming up with a system that makes my cells sing throughout the day and rest during the night and I feel I have finally come up with the pack that I recommend for all women...my hormones haven't felt so inspired in such a while and now there is nothing stopping me from shining from the inside out... I now find that no matter what is happening in my life I am better able to get on with it...the tears have slipped away and the irritability and fatigue are no longer part of me...thanks to Martin & Pleasance Harmony PMS which now has included Vit D3 & B6. I have continued with Comb 5 a few times per day and my first formula I created that is part of the Martin & Pleasance range Sleep Relief that I use a few times in the evening when I get home... I find now I wake up full of energy and am even able to complete my 10,000 steps at least 4 x per week. My sleep has finally been restored and is no longer broken...no more 3am TV for me ...I am a woman on a mission to share with every woman I meet this amazing package that has restored my sleep, my mood, my cellular health and most of all my skin...I now love my hormones and thank them each day for doing their work to restore the inner me to dance through the day and sing a song of health... Here's to your hormones - keep them well nourished and they will look after your too...

No comments:

Post a Comment