Tuesday 12 June 2012

Embrace women rather than making them feel inferior

Today I walked into 2 stores and asked for women I had promised to visit. One said to me why do you need to speak with her when I am the manager and the other pulled a face which gave me the impression that I was speaking with someone who didnt respect the person iwent to visit. On both instances I was left bewildered that both women informed me that they were managers. I wasn't asked how they could relay the message to the women I intended to visit and give the gifts I had prepared. There was such abruptness when I was informed that each of the women I spoke with were managers. I don't know about you but I see a manager as a leader, a guide, a motivator, inspirational person, accommodating to embrace her team but I didnt feel any of these qualities came from the 2 women I met. I thought Did they remind me they were managers as a way of reminding me that I shouldn't be looking for the women I intended to see or did they judge the women I had grown to respect over time. I felt so strange leaving both stores that I was reminded of the insignificant games women play in the work place. We forget we work better as a team so the insecure women in the work place who are leaders and managers do all they can to disrupt the amazing flow women can bring in any workplace. To be honest we are all valuable pieces of a jigsaw puzzle and when we realize this we will stop hurting the sensitive souls around who often go unnoticed. I have been made to feel so welcome by one of the women I didn't see today and in the manager of the store being so deliberately arrogant I left feeling imagine what people who work under her leadership feel as they come into work and go home from work. To all women in the workplace lets consider who are the other souls who are part of our work jigsaw puzzle. Let's compliment and add to their life rather than taking away from their life. Aren't we all the same - we have a heart and feelings. When you have been given the role of managing why not be grateful for your team or encourage your team to each make a difference. Only in uniting as women will we make a heartfelt difference. We are different to men and lets get rid of the competition but rather encourage a woman to shine and be grateful for her support. In gratitude we will be able to encourage another woman to support all we do. Next time a compliment is paid to your staff or team make sure to tell them and see the smile and how the energy changes in your workplace. By making another woman shine you will become the beacon you were born to be. A leader who has effective and happy staff. What a better place you can create by simply opening your heart. I don't think I would've given this so much attention if I didn't feel agitated by the 2 managers I met today. A manager is: Mindful Always supportive Noble in her behavior Abundant in knowledge Giving Understanding Loving Until next time we chat make a difference each day and feel the impact life shares....

No comments:

Post a Comment